Each year I organise several workshops around the UK (and occasionally give talks at externally organised events outside of the UK) covering the topics of sleep and discipline (behaviour).
A 3 hour workshop showing you how to improve your baby or toddler’s sleep WITHOUT using conventional cry-based sleep training. This workshop is suitable for parents and carers of 0-5yr olds and those who work with them. It’s also a great prenatal workshop, for those currently expecting a baby. In it you will learn:
1. What the most recent science says about baby and toddler sleep
2. Why they wake so often at night – and how to reduce night wakes gently
3. How to tackle bedtime resistance
4. How to tackle early morning waking
5. How many naps your child should be having – and when – and how to tackle common nap issues
6. Why your child wakes when you put them down – and how to avoid it.
7. How to bedshare safely – and how to stop bedsharing (if/when you want to)
8. When (and how) to move your chid to their own room.
9. When – and how – to reduce nightfeeds
10. How to have a great bedtime routine that will last for years to come.
A 3 hour workshop for parents and carers of children aged 0-8yrs, and those who work with them. The workshop will cover:
1. Why children misbehave
2. How the brain develops during childhood and what to expect in each age.
3. How to cope with violent behaviour (hitting, biting, kicking etc.)
4. How to cope with tantrums
5. How to cope with backchat and rudeness
6. What to do when children say “no” and don’t listen
7. How to handle sibling rivalry
8. Coping with tricky behaviour from school and nursery
9. How to control your own temper – and stay sane – as a parent
10. What to do when others present a different message and discipline differently to you.
My 2019 line up is as follows:
Kent Sleep Workshop Saturday 13th July 2019, Canterbury, Kent.
Kent Behaviour Workshop Saturday 13th July 2019, Canterbury, Kent.
Herts Sleep Workshop Saturday 20th July, Bishops Stortford, Herts
Herts Behaviour Workshop Saturday 20th July, Bishops Stortford, Herts
London 0-15mth Q&A Workshop Saturday 8th June, London, NW2
London 16mth-5yr Q&A Workshop Saturday 8th June, London, NW2
Manchester October 2019 – details TBC in late summer
WANT TO ORGANISE YOUR OWN WORKSHOP WITH ME?
Do you want me to run a workshop near you? I offer groups/organisations/charities and individuals the opportunity to organise and host their own workshops for a flat speaker’s fee. Many use these as a fund-raising opportunity. Get in touch for more details.